Welcome to my Bird Blog!

Welcome to all my fellow bird lovers and gardeners! I'm so glad you stopped by.

Migratory bird populations have taken a nose dive in the past 40 years. But you can help bring their numbers back by creating beneficial, beautiful and fun habitats in your own backyard. Discover favorite plants and environments that shelter and feed colorful songbirds, as well as how to make them feel welcome by offering their preferred natural foods.

Grandma Pearl
(Connie Smith)

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

On this overcast Easter Day my birds are busily flying back and forth to and from the feeders; chickadees, nuthatches, titmice, woodpeckers, juncos and blue jays, as well as red polls and gold finches.  I can't wait for the gold finches to shed their winter coats and don their bright yellow sunshine feathers. 
Goldfinches on Tube Feeder
photo by Grandma Pearl


Yes, spring is on its way even if the temperature is below average and the sun chose not to shine today.  The birds seem not to care a bit.  The robins are calling for rain, which is in the forecast by the way; the nuthatches are combing the trees and the Little Brown Creeper haltingly works its way upward, spiraling around the tree in search of a juicy meal.

I heard the dawn chorus yesterday morning, for the first time this year. I'm thinking the birds know something I don't, so my hopes are for a real change in the weather coming soon! 
Crocus photographed by Grandma Pearl

HAPPY EASTER!
Grandma Pearl


Log Cabin Bird House with Stone Chimney
from rusticbarnwoodbirdhouses.com




No comments: