|Threaded Galvanized Conduit and threaded flange with screw holes|
by Grandma Pearl
Bag of quick setting cement in which to permanently install your pole
· Bucket in which to mix the cement
· Shovel to mix cement
· A level
· Screw Drive
· Wood Screws
1. Attach the flat metal flange to the bottom of your bird house with appropriate length wood screws. Check to make sure the tip of the screws will not penetrate into the nest box itself, because the points might harm baby birds.
2. Dig a hole at least 3 feet deep in your selected bird house location. You may have to go deeper if you live in a region that has a deeper frost depth.
3. Attach your bird house by screwing the metal flange onto the threaded end of the pole.
4. Set your pole in the hole and use a level to make sure the pole is straight.
5. Add some large stones to support the pole while you mix up your cement.
6. Read the directions to properly mix your cement.
7. Once the cement is ready to pour, check for level once again, and as the cement goes in the hole. Make adjustments as necessary. It is very important that the pole be level all around so that the baby birds don’t fall out!