Welcome to my Bird Blog!

Welcome to all my fellow bird lovers and gardeners! I'm so glad you stopped by.

Migratory bird populations have taken a nose dive in the past 40 years. But you can help bring their numbers back by creating beneficial, beautiful and fun habitats in your own backyard. Discover favorite plants and environments that shelter and feed colorful songbirds, as well as how to make them feel welcome by offering their preferred natural foods.

Grandma Pearl
(Connie Smith)

Friday, May 24, 2013

My Little Chickadee

I just happened to catch sight of this little chickadee busily plucking away at some animal fur she had found in my garden.  This video isn't very long because my batteries chose that particular time to give out.  But you get the idea.  I tried taking a couple of still photos before I switched on the video, but she was just moving and working too fast--it was all a blur.  Even though this is a very short film (about 7 seconds), it is quite entertaining!

This is the 3rd nest that I know of for the chickadees this year so far.  They love the bluebird house I have in my cottage garden, and have used it for the last several years.  Just this morning I saw mama chickadee stick her head out of the house before she headed for the bird feeders a short distance away.  I'm amazed at how many chickadee chicks she has raised thus far!

Grandma Pearl



Make a Bird Nesting Basket


No comments: