- Newspaper or old tablecloth to cover your work surface
- Large straw hat with a 4" (approx.) deep crown to accommodate most backyard birds
- Glue Gun
- 12" x 12" piece of bubble wrap or other thick plastic to cover back of hat
- Wire cutters
- Assorted silk flowers of your choice
- Bottle cap measuring 1 1/2" in diameter
- Marking pen
- Start by tracing around 1 1/2" bottle cap or jar lid with marking pen in the middle of crown top; and then cut on marked line with scissors.
- Turn hat over and place bubble wrap over the back of the crown opening.
5. Use your glue gun to attach each flower over the staple points along the top of the straw hat brim. Then begin to fill in empty spots with more flowers and some leaves.
Building the Ultimate Brush Pile for Your Birds
Pearl's Backporch Scrapbook